Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The wedding

660am

I dreamt so much I feel exhausted. My back hurts. My neck especially.

And I can't remember a damn thing. Very frustrating. As if blogging about it has chased the dreams into hiding.

Relax. Breathe. Try to remember.

Fragment. I am at an Indian wedding. The bride is elaborately dressed and beautiful. Her hair is long and curled deliberately around her face so that all of it is hidden except her eyes. Her entire body has been henna'd, I know this without seeing it all since in reality she is mostly covered by an ivory floor-length, wrist-length dress. So only her feet, neck and hands show evidence of the calligraphic brown swirls. Buttons have been glued to her skin, painted to match, so it looks like they are a lumpy part of her and even that is strangely beautiful. I can sense the patterns rising up her arms and legs, radiating back to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment