Thursday, November 25, 2010

Workday redux

I woke at 6am having dreamt I did all the things I plan to do today at work.  Of course the dream also had pirates and an international alien drug running conspiracy... NOT.  And.... REALLY?!?!?!

Apparently it's not bad enough that instead of sleeping cozily through a snow day with my arms wrapped around a hot beverage and/or person :D, I'm working on Thanksgiving.  Now I get to do my work twice.

There was a lot more drama in my dream than I expect in reality.  I think there will be an N of 2 in my building today and the other person will likely be the security guard.  In my dream the halls were decked with scientists doing experiments and drinking.  FTR the reason there is no public service effort to propagate the Don't Drink and Do Science message, is because there is no real need for it.

There was also a creek that ran through my building and I was constantly moving my lab around to different buildings on campus in order to avoid the thugs that were hunting me down.

I shouldn't complain though.  Really.  In fact that was in my dream.  I had a conversation right before waking with a postdoc that works down the hall.  I explained to her that I was channeling gratitude.

Then I caught a glimpse of a man dressed all in black sneaking down the hallway, ninja-style.  So I excused myself and moved my microscope to another room.

Happy US Thanksgiving!!!   Today I am thankful that I am not really the target of an international gang of science poachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment