Monday, July 1, 2013

Jet lag

This morning I can't remember my dreams but can feel the residual tension of a busy night in my neck and jaw.

Apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep.  Dentists discuss the wear pattern on my teeth, the stress cracks in my bone.  Partners and sleepover friends have heard rubbing sounds coming from my persistent jaw.  Mostly I would be unaware of it, but sometimes right before I wake, I can hear it, my mouth busy at its lifetime's work or wearing down my enamel.

I am getting up at 630 despite feeling like I could use another 3 hours of sleep.  I am trying to move myself into the correct time zone, out of the 9am start I accidentally slipped into sometime in the last few years.  My body wakes me at the crack of dawn but usually my mind, which has been held hostage and forced to stay awake till 2am, convinces me to sleep in.

I have a theory that repeated cycles of cortisol on waking over and over in the morning are making me fat.

I need to drink water, and stand my ground.  I will ignore the seductive pull of sleep.

Today the body will win. 



No comments:

Post a Comment